Within the last 10 years, Ecommerce has seen a surge in profitability. Many businesses, both large and small, are looking to the web for increased consumer patronage. Here are some real advantages of Ecommerce:
1) Open 24/7. Ecommerce systems are operational all day, every day. Consumers can visit your site any time, day or night, regardless of whether or not your physical storefront is open for business. Even if you are operating a service-based operation, reservations and/or inquiries can be made any time of day to increase interest in your business.
2) A global market. Web sites transcend all physical boundaries. If your consumer has a computer and an Internet connection, he/she can do business with you.
3) Instant gratification. The Internet affords immediacy. Orders can be made and payments processed almost immediately online. Long gone are the days of catalogs and lost orders. With Ecommerce, your transactions will run more smoothly and efficiently.
4) Increase profits by reducing costs. One of the real advantages of Ecommerce is that you can truly cut costs. Physical store fronts require constant manpower. A good website can take the place of several salespersons. In addition, original manufacturers can often be identified and worked with to cut out the cost of the middle man supplier.
5) Let the customer help himself. A great facet of Ecommerce is that the customer initiates the business interaction by accessing the web site when it is convenient for him/her. Because of this, the consumer provide almost all of the transaction data that would otherwise be entered by a staff member. This kind of customer out-sourcing allows for you to cut costs.
The advantages of Ecommerce are plenty, and I have listed only a few. The clever investor will seriously consider Ecommerce as a new venue for his/her business.